Friday, August 10, 2007

Ghana 'til December




Allow me to re-introduce myself, my name is 'cab. Vocab, that is. Or Hayling. Whatever you prefer. Anyway, this is my maiden voyage into the blog world, and I'm writing less than 24 hours before my departure to Ghana for the semester.

For those of you who don't know, I'm a junior at Penn majoring in Urban Studies with a double minor in Africana Studies and Political Science. So, I'm looking to pursue an independent research project on post-colonial development in Ghana. It's especially timely since Ghana's celebrating it's 50th anniversary of independence from colonial Britain. I leave tomorrow (the 12th), have a few-hour layover at Heathrow Airport in London, then it's off to the Motherland. I'm scheduled to return December 17, so I'll be up here as much as I can keeping everyone posted.

Anyway, it's late, and I was up until 5 AM yesterday finishing up my summer fieldwork research assignment. (Finally done... 47 pages!) Anyway, I'll try to be on here as much as possible to keep everyone posted on my exploits Ghana. More details to come.

Peace,
Hayling

No comments: