Saturday, February 2, 2008

The Next Movement



We opened the latest chapter of the Like Mindz journey last night at Haverford College's hip-hop event. As usual, the show wasn't without it's last minute drama. After a frantic call to the King of Prussia's Sam Ash music store, I was able to cop a new keyboard stand minutes before sound check. That, and a long walk to JD's dorm for some missing cables made the preparation half the battle. I don't even want to talk about the absentee promoter...

Anywho, after the 30 minute drive out of Philly and the randomness that preceded sound check, things slowly fell into place. We did our thing, and despite a few noticeable fumbles on our part, no one offstage seemed to notice the slight missteps. After an encore call ("ONE MORE SONG!! ONE MORE SONG!!) We busted into BBD's "Poison" to hold the crowd over until tonight's show. Later this evening, we're hitting up Haverford for their "Black Love Formal" held in conjunction with Bryn Mawr College. I'm sure I'll have more wild tales to share after tonight's gig, so I'll keep ya posted.

No comments: