Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Movin' On Up!



An upgrade from the basement venue, no? Saturday night was the Bryn Mawr/Swarthmore/Haverford Black Love Formal (held @ Haverford this year.) When I say we were TIGHT, I mean it. Somehow, things really clicked and we came back with a vengeance after an admittedly so-so Friday performance. By the end of the night, we played two sets and grand total of 21 (!!) songs. Somehow, we made it through the epic show fumble-free and on top of the world.

The ladies came through dressed in their best, and the fellas in the house weren't playing games, either. (Shout out to my man with the white blazer with matching gaiters!!) Of course, the LM crew knows how to clean up when it's time to get down, too. The setting was dope, and I have to say the stage was probably the nicest and most spacious I've played on.

This was my second show double stacking (playing two keyboards and once), and I also had to coordinate with two sustain pedals, two amplifiers, and my PowerBook laptop. (This was after I had to disconnect the malfunctioning wah pedal from the first keyboard.) Yea... it was as confusing as it sounds. Somehow, I didn't get any wires crossed and got the hang of the complex setup on the fly. In addition to the keys, everyone else brought they're A game, and Spanky, JD, Kris & Neez all held it down in a BIG way. I won't hype it up too much and let the music speak for itself. Well, I will later this week once Mr. Drummerman posts the video. 'Til then, check out some pics from both gigs here.

As always,
Like Mindz, ya'll.

Oh, and you KNOW I had to rock the mic too, right?










It's good to be back.

No comments: