My man Julian a.k.a. DJ Juls is a Ghanaian producer about to drop his first mixtape. As the footage from a freestyle back in Ghana indicates, he's no Luther Vandross, but people may comparing him to Pete Rock not before long...
Anyway, since I've been back here, he's hit me up online and sent me some stuff to write to Foreign Exchange style. Naturally, I had to lend some heat to the project and pay homage to my second home, GH! So without further ado, here's my latest track "Atlantic Connection," produced by DJ Juls. Click the play button in the window below to stream:
In other news, before classes kick into hi gear, the Like Mindz crew has been getting it on furiously in preparation for, according to my latest count, 7 (!) gigs over the next few months. Sure, that's normal for a full time band, but with full time students with full schedules it's definitely the biggest semester we've had since I've been in the group. We've already had 3 practices, and although we're dealing with a lot of new material, things seem to be flowing pretty well thus far.
I'll keep ya'll posted on the show schedule, but right now I'm sure the first two gigs are on February 1st and 2nd, and Haverford and Bryn Mawr colleges respectively. Check in later on to see when the rest of the gigs will be taking place.
No comments:
Post a Comment